We are delighted to announce the first Foodscapes conference organized by the Department of Geography and Regional Science, University of Graz. The conference will take place from the 22nd to the 25th of September 2013 in the Castle of Seggau, in Southern Styria, 40 km from Graz.
Foodscapes focuses on “Access to Food – Excess of Food”, a theme that brings special attention to the contradictions inherent in contemporary practices of modern industrialized food production, circulation, and consumption.
We therefore invite you to send us papers and/or panel proposals on, but not limited to, the following broad topics:
- Conventional and alternative food networks
- Everyday practices of food provisioning, consumption and circulation
- Food quality and quantity
- Food waste
- Food in education and the media
- Food safety, policy and ethics
- Regional development through production and marketing of food
- Local and global food chains
- Changing food geographies in recent history
- Sustainability of food systems/regimes